Tuesday, May 16, 2006

back in the saddle again

So I am back at work today attempting to pick up all the pieces after that whirlwind week of E3. Now it is back to reality...we have a pretty short period of time left...well in game development terms that is...and still so much I want to do with the game.

I have a few emails to finish up and then it is straight to the level design meeting where we will break down the state of the game as it is now and make a plan for the final stretch. I guess final stretch is a bit of a stretch...since the street date seems so far away. But then time passes so quickly when you are busy that it is almost around the corner. Ok...I am talking in circles now. enough with that nonsense.

After the level meeting I am going to try and carve out some time with the combat guys to talk about our boss plan and get an update of where we are on the boss front. Bosses are hard...they take a ton of people a ton of time to get done...but man do they really pay off in the end. It is such a satisfying feeling finishing off a boss...both from a development stanpoint and a play standpoint. It is goin gto be great see some more of our bosses come together in the next few months.

ok...small update today...I gotta get to work. Maybe go have a smoke...then get to work. I should quit smoking. But that is just an empty promise right now...because it is my only way to counteract the stress. some people have food...or drugs...I have ciggarettes.

which when I step back and think about it is totally stupid. but oh well. I never claimed to be the smartest person in the room.

later.

2 comments: